4 WORKOUTS THAT FOCUSES ON YOUR MIDDLE CHEST!
Once you have hit the intermediate stage in your fitness lifestyle, you would need to add more exercises to your program, working out each body part more thoroughly. These are some workouts that you can do that is targeted to help build your middle chest. If you are focused on building bigger chest, try these workouts today!
Barbell Bench Press
1. Lay on the bench with feet firm on the ground. Arch your back, and your shoulders should be retracted.
2. Take a pronated grip on the bar and lift the bar and hold the weight above your chest, with your arms extended.
3. Flex your elbows are you lower the bar to your sternum. Your elbows should be drawn in and your lats should be tightened.
4. Extend your elbows after touching your torso with the bar. Return to starting (2) position.
Do 4 sets of 6-8, 6-8, 8-10, 8-12 reps.
Slightly Inclined Dumbbell Press
1. Lie back on an inclined bench with the dumbbells on your arms above your thighs. Your palms should be facing each other. Lift the dumbbells one at a time and hold them at shoulder width.
2. Rotate your wrists forward so your palms are facing away from you. This is your starting position.
3. Breathe out and push the dumbbells up with your chest. Lock your arms at the top, hold for one second, then slowly start lowering the weight. You should lower the weights twice as long as you raise them.
Do 3 sets of 6-8, 8-10, 10-12 reps
Leverage Chest Press
1. Handles should be lower than your pectorals. Your chest and head should be up and your shoulder blades retracted. This is your starting position
2. Extend through with your elbows and press the handles forward.
3. Pause briefly at the top, and return to the starting position. Keep the tension on your muscles by not returning the weights till you finish your sets.
Do 3 sets of 8-10, 10-12, 10-12 reps
1. Sit on the machine with your back flat on the pad. Hold the handles. Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor. This is your starting position
2. Push the handles together as you slowly squeeze your chest in the middle. Breath out and hold the contraction for a second.
3. Inhale as you return back to the starting position and make sure your chest is fully stretched.
Do 3 sets of 12, 12, 12 reps.