CRANK YOUR CALVES UP WITH THESE 3 EXERCISES!
The calves are the most neglected part of the body when it comes to bodybuilding. Usually, its because they are not trained with proper weights and proper frequency. One of the reasons why the calves are one of the hardest body parts to grow is because you walk and run on them every day. To pack more muscles on those skinny chicken legs, try out these exercises and soon your calves won’t make you look like you skipped leg day.
Standing Calf Raises
1. Once you have adjusted the padded lever to fit your height, place your shoulders under the pads and position your toes forward. With your torso straight, push your hips and knees up. The knees should be slightly bent and not locked. This is your starting position.
2. Raise your knees by extending your ankles as high as you can and flex your calves. Breathe out while you do this. Your knee should be kept stationary at all times. Hold the contracted position for one second.
3. Lower your heels as you bend your ankles until your calves are stretched, going back to the starting position. Breathe in as you do this.
Do 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
Seated Calf Raises
1. Sit on the machine with your heels extending off and your toes on the lower portion of the platform. Place your lower thighs under the lever pad, and your hands on top of the pads preventing from slipping forward. Lift the lever slightly by pushing your heels up. This is your starting position.
2. Bend at the ankles and lower your knees until your calves are stretched. Breathe in while you do this movement.
3. Raise your heels by extending your ankles as high as you can while keeping the calves contracted. Breathe out and hold the contraction for one second.
Do 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
Calf Press on Leg Press Machine
1. Use a leg press machine, and place your legs on the platform at a mediums stance (shoulder width). Press the platform until your legs are fully extended without locking your knees. Make sure your torso and legs make a perfect 90-degree angle. Place your toes and balls of feet at the lower portion of the platform with the heels extending off. This will be your starting position
2. Raise your heels and press on the platform by extending your ankles as high as possible. Breathe out and flex your calf as you do this. Keep your knees stationary and hold the position for a second.
3. Breathe in and go back to the starting position by lowering your heels until your calves are stretched.
Do 4 sets of 6-10 reps.