STAY FIT EVEN WHEN YOU ‘BALIK KAMPUNG’ THIS RAYA SEASON!
Yay! It’s Raya again! Being surrounded by the love and warmth of family and friends, celebrating a joyous occasion (not to forget, all the scrumptious food) is an astounding feeling. If you don’t want to neglect your daily exercises, but don’t have the time to hit the gym (or a gym membership) when you ‘balik kampung’, try out these bodyweight exercises! You can take a walk to the nearest park around and get sweaty with these few workouts! You don’t need any equipment except the good ol’ monkey bar and your body!
Get started by burning off some fat with cardio! Take a 3 to 5-minute jog or run.
1. Hang on a bar with a thumb-less grip on both hands. Keep your hands slightly wider than shoulder width.
2. Pull yourself up in a full range motion till your chin reaches above the bar.
Do 3 sets of 10-20 reps
1. Get down and dirty on all fours on the ground. Lift your knees up so that they don’t touch the ground.
2. Crawl from one end to another in full speed.
Do 2 minute of both back and forth.
Bodyweight Walking Lunge
1. Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and hands on your hips. Step forward with one leg and flex your knees to drop at your hips. Your posture should remain upright as you descend your left knee, almost touching the ground.
2. Extend your knees to get back up, and repeat with the opposite leg.
Do 3 sets of 6-8 reps
1. Be in a push up position with your weight being supported by your hands and toes. Bring one leg in until your knee is below your hip. This is your starting position
2. Explosively repeat the motion with the opposite leg and continue alternating the motion.
Do as many for 2 minutes
Hanging Leg Raise
1. Hang on the bar with either a wide grip or a medium grip. Your legs should be straight down with your pelvis rolled forward.
2. Exhale as you raise your legs, making it a 90-degree angle with your torso. Hold the contracted position and inhale as you go back to the starting position.
Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps
1. Support your weight on the floor with your toes and forearms. Keep your body straight.
2. You can increase difficulty by raising an arm or a leg.
Do 2 minutes
1. Get into the push up position and inhale as you bring your chest closer to the ground.
2. Hold the contracted position for one second and explode up. Breathe out while squeezing your chest.
Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps
1. Stand with your feet at hip width apart. Lower yourself down into a squat position and kick your legs back till you are on the floor in a push up position.
2. Push your legs back to your chest till you are back in the squat position and jump up while you clap your hands above your head.
Do 10-15 reps